Services, Capabilities and Solutions
Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Capabilities
Strategy development and research study execution from concept through dissemination
Burden of Illness (BOI; also known as cost of illness, burden of disease)
- Estimation of the economic impact of a particular disease on a country or society in monetary terms
- Traditional methods greatly underestimate cost burden as they are not comprehensive and do not consider repeat events and high-cost care, which can be bundled into an inpatient stay.
Studies conducted in payer limited data assets are not nationally representative and tend to produce cost estimates less than that generated using other data sources.
RWD Insights, powered by STATinMED Research is a robust data source that is nationally representative providing better estimation and more accurate perspective based on inclusion of patients covered by Medicaid, Medicare, and smaller regional plans, and plans with less favorable negotiated rates, where patients carry heavy cost sharing burden. These important factors reveal true burden and help our customers get deeper, more accurate information to shape initiatives that help reduce burden.
- Superior HEOR methodology to assess patients with rare conditions
- Complex treatment pattern and clinical outcomes insights
- BOI studies conducted in payer-limited data assets do not reflect cost burden differences
- Treatment-experienced patients covered by small regional plans/Medicaid/Medicare carry heavy cost burden; plans may have less-favorable rates
- Advanced methodology in rare disease
- Payer-limited data assets tend to underestimate the Medicaid and Medicare FFS populations
Patient Segmentation Methodology to Identify Unmet Need
- Identify competitive markets with multiple treatment options including generics and/or biosimilar treatments
- Explore complex clinical treatment guidelines
We have breadth and depth with real-world data offerings that are foremost in the industry based on hundreds of combined experience years.
We carefully listen and leverage more data from more sources in less time, to align business needs for better, faster decisions, customized solutions, and successful partnerships.
The data ecosystem is fragmented and constantly changing. STATinMED data lake management services provide rich opportunities to focus the research approach and tailor data needs, analyzing retrospectively while capturing prospectively.
We help life science companies understand real-world evidence by sharing medical and scientific input to best support strategic positioning and solve problems with confidence.
Writing & Editing
With over 900 peer-reviewed publications since 2007 in dozens of therapeutic areas, our writing and editing team has deep experience with detailed requirements set forth by journal editors and key conferences, to ensure abstracts, posters, manuscripts and presentations reveal value and significance.
We meticulously manage projects with seamless quality and execution every step of the way—with dedicated teams who are agile, flexible, on time and on target. In terms of our workflow and real-world evidence projects, there are 3 data phases:
The amazing research collaboration between STATinMED and our team has already led to a comprehensive body of evidence to inform confident decision-making for many patients.
Thanks to the entire STATinMED team for all of your hard work and support with many projects – especially for the countless hours, expertise and thoroughness on recent projects. It has been a pleasure to work with you and the team.
The abstract has been accepted as a podium presentation at ISPOR! Many thanks to the team for all the hard work over the last several months!
Let’s give kudos to ourselves for everything we have accomplished together. Please share with STATinMED colleagues involved in the study–let them know our deep appreciation for all of them.
On behalf of our study team, I would like to thank you all for your tremendous help on the study. Acceptance by Stroke is a watershed moment for the Real-World Data program.